Looking for fun outdoor and online activities to do with your friends and family this holiday season? Here are a few ways to enjoy celebrating many of the holidays celebrated in Detroit this month.
WILD LIGHTS AT THE DETROIT ZOO
- 8450 W 10 Mile Rd - Royal Oak, MI 48067 USA
- From November 20th through January 3rd, walk through Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo! Enjoy the 1.1 mile loop of animal-themed light displays as you stroll through the zoo grounds. Note that animal habitats will be closed. Masks are required for all guests age 5+. Wild Lights continues in the rain and snow, so dress for the weather. Join on select weeknights and Sundays from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays 5:00 – 10:30 p.m. Tickets range from $15-$20 per person with $8 parking fee. For more details and to purchase tickets, visit https://wildlights.detroitzoo.org/
ICE SKATING AT CAMPUS MARTIUS PARK
- 800 Woodward Ave - Detroit, MI 48226 USA
- Reserve your tickets online for your ice skating adventure at Campus Martius Park in Downtown Detroit! Get ready for the new opening day on December 9th. Bundle up, bring your thick socks, and wear your mask to enjoy your time downtown. When you're done, don't forget to visit the shops in Cadillac Square. Tickets range $8-$11 with a $5 skate rental fee. Open 7 days a week through March. For up to date details and to purchase tickets, visit downtowndetroitparks.com
DOWNTOWN HOLIDAY LIGHTS SCAVENGER HUNT
- 440 Burroughs St #332 - Detroit, MI 48202 USA
- Get moving with Detroit Experience Factory's Downtown Holiday Lights Scavenger Hunt! Let DXF guide you to all of the fun holiday photo ops downtown this winter. More details and other DXF offerings at https://detroitexperiencefactory.org/holiday
Indoor Activities Around the Holiday Season
Looking for colder weather to-dos that keep you moving but don’t require bundling up? You can always take the younger brood to one of metro Detroit’s many activity-oriented indoor venues.
- The Michigan Science Center always has new exhibits for the young scientist. Check their website for current installations.
- Step inside the DNR Outdoor Adventure Center for a fun, educational way to learn more about Michigan’s waters and vast forests, and all of their non-human inhabitants.
- The water at Sea Life Michigan Aquarium never freezes, and the Lego-infused playscape at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan, both at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in Auburn Hills, are always surefire party pleasers.
- Kids can also bounce and tumble off the holiday sugar high at one of the many fun zones in metro Detroit. Bounce House, SkyZone or Pump it Up have several locations in The D.